- On January 3rd 2008, I set myself a few goals for 2008. You can see full post here if interested.
I wanted to:
- spin more, I ended up selling my spinning wheel and spinning fiber in September because I just didn’t have enough time to spin.
- become more proficient with my sewing machine and sew more, I bought myself a even nicer sewing machine in March and haven’t stopped sewing since. Which is probably why I didn’t have time to spin anymore.
- knit 20 pairs of socks, I ended up knitting 12 pairs of socks, plus an additional 5 single socks and 2 other started.
- finish at least 2 big projects (finish the Tree Jacket and the Comfort Shawl) and a few non-sock smaller projects, Tree Jacket was frogged and the Comfort Shawl is probably going to be frogged as well. I am working on one big project, Calvert and knit myself the Celtic Vest. I also knit a few smaller items.
- do more fair-isle and more lace, none of that happened.
- spread my time more evenly between knitting, sewing and spinning and still spend time doing other things like cooking, reading and exercising. I’m not sure about that.
For 2009 I will revisit some of these goals.
I would like to:
- Try to finish one pair of socks a month, or maybe finish at least one sock per month.
- Finish Calvert (hopefully it fits well) and cast one for another sweater. I have a few sweater projects in mind, but that will be for another post.
- Knit myself a Clapotis. Yeah, I know, a Clapotis. I’ve never knit one, yet, although I’ve had the yarn since the first year I started knitting.
- Knit fair-isle mittens and socks
- Knit one lace shawl, just one!
- Try out weaving. For that I have a good head-start. I am starting a weaving class once a week from January till the end of March. I’ll let you know how that goes!
Let’s get started!