In Greens and Pinks

13 10 2008

It seems like my last two projects have something in common, they’re almost the same color! I didn’t really realize that fact until they were both done and side by side.

Here’s my first square for the Michele Project, click here if you want to help and need more information. I knit it out of Twisted Fiber Art Arial in the Sherwood colorway, a beautiful mix of greens and pinks.

Square #1 for the Michele Project

The square is 9″ wide and I ended up increasing from 12 stitches at the beginning to 220 stitches around. It really didn’t take that long so I’ll definitely try to knit one or more for the blanket. I have plenty sock yarn leftovers for that!

My other project that I want to show you is a finished K1C2 Ty-Dy sock.

Ty-Dy sock #1

I love the big sections of green with the smaller sections of pink and brown. The pattern is something I made up on the fly, nothing very fancy and I think it shouldn’t be too hard to replicate on sock #2. I really liked knitting up the sock and look forward to having a pair to wear. Here‘s another picture if you’re interested.




6 responses

13 10 2008

Love how that sock knit up – I’m sure it’s very comfy too!

14 10 2008

I really like that simple little pattern with the large stripes of color.

14 10 2008

I love both the square and the sock!

14 10 2008

I like the pattern of your sock. And the colors are great!

14 10 2008

cute socks!

14 10 2008

Very nice! I love these socks!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: